Post Reply 

What would this effect be in GIMP?

Jul 20, 2013, 19:25
Post: #1
What would this effect be in GIMP?
i was looking for some tutorials for painting. Of course, most of what I can find is for Photoshop, so the tools and effects often have different terms.

In particular, one tutorial described this, in regards to brushes:
"Shape Dynamics" checked and "other dynamics" checked with opacity and flow jitter set to pen pressure.

I'm pretty sure that opacity and jitter directly the same in GIMP and Photoshop, but I have no idea what those dynamics they mentioned are.

Does anyone know what this might be?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Jul 21, 2013, 09:06 (This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2013 09:08 by Grue.)
Post: #2
RE: What would this effect be in GIMP?
Go to Windows - Dockable Dialogs - Paint Dynamics

Click "Create a new dynamics".

In "Mapping Matrix" check the following checkboxes: Opacity-Pressure and Flow-Pressure.

[Image: B7vIGC7.png]

(EDIT: I accidentally checked Size-Pressure in the screenshot, but you get the idea)

Ignore Jitter, I think it has a different meaning in GIMP than in Photoshop.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How can I use GIMP to tell if a file has an embedded ICC profile or not? KAE 2 61 Mar 15, 2018 17:24
Last Post: KAE
  Displaying gimp jpg on tv Mudskipper 0 76 Mar 13, 2018 22:17
Last Post: Mudskipper
  Changing names on things in Gimp? colorizing 1 226 Feb 17, 2018 04:34
Last Post: ythgilb
Question Gimp 2.8 vs 2.9 performance dr_Fell 2 283 Feb 16, 2018 15:27
Last Post: dr_Fell
  Gimp 2.8.22 in Windows 10: Filename issue Mona Eberhardt 3 201 Jan 28, 2018 21:16
Last Post: ythgilb

Forum Jump:

GIMP ForumPortalArchiveContactTermsRSS