GIMP Forums

Full Version: How to remove shaky camera ghost image?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you have a photo where the camera was shaking at the time, and so there is a ghost image of the whole photo, is it possible to fix that in any way? I had a look online, and saw a link about using the Unsharp Mask filter in GIMP, but I couldn't do anything with it. I would have thought that as the ghost image is so far out, and quite a lot more faded, that something could be done, but maybe I'm wrong. I've attached part of the image if anyone has any ideas.

[attachment=2511]
You have the start image (the one you call the "ghost"), the final image, and a smear between the two... I don't thik that Gimp (even with GMIC) if going to do something usable... This requires specialized "unshake" software but the picture quality is very poor even without the motion blur ...
Unsharp with the threshold setting within the unsharp mask filter. Selective blur or motion blur might fix it a bit. PS has a smart blur.

EDIT:

Ok, so I put it through the unsharp filter.

Then I re synthesized the blur on top of the head and near the arms, cropped.

Your welcome Smile
Thanks. I'm actually updating the photo to remove the duplicate image using a clone brush at the moment, so I'll work on unsharp afterwards I think.
To ensure you to eradicate a reports connected with data files in this computer system, we should instead discover illegal copies first. That way, we could test the outcomes and simply remove the undesired files.
Reference URL's