GIMP Forums

Full Version: Desaturate to color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to follow different tutorials I am not sure what I changed, but now when I duplicate the original layer, and run desaturate on the duplicate, it turns it to shades of red instead of gray. I did have a red in the foreground box for a while, but I changed the foreground / background colors to black and white and it is still desaturating to red. What do I need to change to make it desaturate to gray?
(Oct 6, 2017 22:03)KWiK Wrote: [ -> ]I have been trying to follow different tutorials I am not sure what I changed, but now when I duplicate the original layer, and run desaturate on the duplicate, it turns it to shades of red instead of gray. I did have a red in the foreground box for a while, but I changed the foreground / background colors to black and white and it is still desaturating to red. What do I need to change to make it desaturate to gray?

Did you look at this forum before you posted? It is DEAD and abandoned to the spammers.

Come to https://www.gimp-forum.net/ to get your questions answered.
I hadn't looked at that site, but really didn't find much there.
Reference URL's